Monday, November 5, 2012

red velvet lover and birthdays

Hey ya'll, I feel like I haven't been here in forever and I miss it! I miss blogging and comments and ya'll and your posts!
I've been insanely busy wading through opening weekend with the Little Mermaid and having a blast. But the kitchen's been calling my name.. I took my sister's birthday as the answer to that call. I combined all her favorite things into a two bite bit of awesome. red velvet. white chocolate. peanut butter. cupcakes. brownies. frosting. whoopie!

There's no shame for my cake mix use, yah? we were out of sugar okay..
don't judge me..

Red Velvet Brownie Bites makes about 48 brownie bites and one jumbo cupcake
1 box of red velvet cake mix
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup +1 TBSP milk
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
Cooking Spray

Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 48 cup mini muffin tin extra well.
Sift the cake mix into a bowl to break up the clumps so there's less stirring to do. Beat the oil, milk, egg and vanilla together and pour into the cake mix. Add in the chips and stir. It will be an ultra thick doughy batter, roll with it. Divide into the tins, one mounded TBSP each, and eat some batter along the way.. You'll thank me later. Just ignore the red tongue that you'll end up with. Bake for about 8 minutes or til lightly cracked on top and a toothpick comes out with crumbs, but not wet. They'll continue cooking in the pan so underdone is best. Nobody likes a dry brownie, duh. Let cool briefly in the pan and remove to a wire rack. Frost or leave nekkid.
devour. or bring to the theatre and have them devoured for you.

If you happen to have extra cake mix still, I recommend some red velvet crinkle cookies. Heck to the yum!




7 comments:

  1. Do you have a recipe for the frosting you used?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sadly one of those bakers who is horrid at keeping track of what I'm doing. I bake by feel, especially with frosting!
      It was about 1/2 cup (1 stick)soft butter beaten with 1/3 cup smooth pb until ultra fluffy. Add in 1 tsp vanilla and beat more. Add powdered sugar until proper consistency. Usually around 1.5 cups but it's really hard to know. I plan on a frosting tutorial eventually though (:

      Delete
  2. These look absolutely darling - I bet everyone loved them! Happy Belated Birthday to your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious! I love finding other teen food bloggers (I just turned 19, started blogging at 16) and I can't wait to follow your blog and see what else you come up with!

    -Rachel @ Bakerita.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're so so sweet! teen bloggers are the next gen, it's gonna be great :)
      Can't wait to check out your blog!

      Delete
  4. gorgeous cupcakes!
    visiting and following from the Thankful Hop

    ReplyDelete