Saturday, May 11, 2013

easter cake

With finals, and my pony club rating and tests and moving loom over my head in an omnious cloud, this little blog keeps getting pushed to the side.

Even today, I don't have time to write a post but I wanted to share these pictures with you to inspire you for mothers day tomorrow. A cake of this style would be lovely for your momma!
I had a blast creating this cake. It's a lime soaked vanilla cake with passion-fruit curd everywhere and strawberries and vanilla frostings. I was really excited with the result of all the icing that I'd been flinging everywhere. It's a very simple technique.
Slop on a bit of each color onto the cake in thirds. The top color will be the one all over the top. Smooth down the sides and then smooth it out. Make sure that you use alot because you'll be taking lots of it off. Start to swirl them together as you move your way around the cake. Play with it until you're happy, it can take a little messing around. Smooth the sides out for good, swirl the top and serve.

I made a few crosses because it was Resurrection Sunday. It was super simple, cut a few straws and tie together with twine. Super simple but SO cute!


til later my loves, xoxo

Resources:

Yellow Cake Recipe
Lilikoi or Passionfruit Curd

2 comments:

  1. Gosh the coloring is just lovely on this cake! Beautiful :)

    Cheers,
    Heather @ Find That Warm Fuzzy Feeling

    ReplyDelete